What did you discover as you answered the questions about your mind, will and emotions? Does it help you understand yourself better, or why you’ve been frustrated in areas of your life?
When you honestly and accurately evaluate the state of your soul, you can begin to successfully pursue healing and restoration with God.
James 1:21 says, …Receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
When you accepted Christ as your Savior, sincerely repented of your sin, and gave Him your life, He made you a brand-new creation (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). Your spirit was cleansed and made right with God (see 2 Corinthians 5:21).
But you’ve probably noticed that you didn’t change completely in that moment. You still have tendencies to behave as you did before the Holy Spirit came to live in your spirit. That’s because the work God wants to do in us to make us like Christ is a progressive work that continues throughout our journey here on earth.
There are victories we attain, by the grace of God, like renewing our mind to think like God and developing motives that are pure and not self-serving in our relationships. But they usually happen little by little, as we diligently pursue an intimate relationship with God.
Let’s look at some scriptures that will help you experience total salvation in your mind, will and emotions:
- Romans 12:2 (AMP) says, …Be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].
- Proverbs 16:3 (AMP) says to commit your works to the Lord [submit and trust them to Him], and your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance].
- In Philippians 4:11 (AMP), the apostle Paul says, …I have learned to be content [and self-sufficient through Christ, satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or uneasy] regardless of my circumstances.
These are powerful, life-changing truths if we meditate on them and then act on them…
- You can be transformed to reflect the image of Christ by focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes. In other words, study and obey the Word of God.
- If you submit to God, commit your plans to Him, and do what He speaks to your heart to do, you will succeed in accomplishing His plans and purposes. God isn’t expecting you to figure it all out on your own. We all need the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- You do not have to be ruled by your emotions. You can learn to be content, peaceful and emotionally stable in every circumstance. All things are possible with God!
My mind, will and emotions have been saved. I can actually want what God wants more than what I want in my life. THAT is wholeness and real salvation!Joyce Meyer
Spend some time today reading the verses noted above in several translations of the Bible. Pray and ask God to help you follow the wisdom you gain from them. Whatever He shows you to do, make a plan of action to do it!
Write out these verses (or others that encourage you) in your favorite Bible version on note cards and keep them in a place where you’ll see them every day. Focusing on God’s Word is key to making progress in your journey of healing.