There’s nothing secondhand or second-rate or mediocre about God. He’s a God of excellence, and He loves to make all things new!
Let’s take a look in God’s Word and see what He makes new…
- Jeremiah 31:31: "Behold, the days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah."
- John 13:34: A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT): Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
- Ezekiel 11:19: And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh.
- Isaiah 43:18-19: "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
- Hebrews 10:19-22: Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh...let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith...
These are just a few amazing promises of God that we can experience through a personal relationship with Jesus. Take time to dig in to the Bible and discover more of the benefits you can receive because of who you are in Christ. Meditate on these scriptures and make a list of what they reveal about your true identity.
For example, the scriptures above reveal that in Christ…
- We have a new covenant that doesn’t require us to live by rules and regulations that religion impose on us; we get to be led by the Holy Spirit.
- We have a new command to love one another as Jesus loves us.
- We are new people and have a new life.
- We have a new heart and spirit that makes us responsive to God’s touch, His presence.
- We have a new future filled with hope.
- We have a new and living way opened to us that brings us into personal fellowship with God.
You can confidently approach God, expecting Him to help you and bless you because He loves you and He wants you! Tell Him, “Lord, I know I don’t deserve anything from You based on my own merit, but You see me as your daughter in Christ, and that means I can have Your love, favor, and every good thing You have for me!”