Population: 30,147,935 - ranks 42nd worldwide
Official Language: Spanish and Quechua
Religion: Freedom of religion
Geography: Area - 1,285,216 sq. km. Dry coastal plain, high Andean plateau and Amazon jungles.
Thousands of Joyce's books in Spanish have been shipped into the country for outreaches.
- 2014: Partnering with Life Missions/Camino de Vida to distribute 1,000 backpacks with school supplies.
- 2013: We partnered with Life Mission/Camino de Vida to give away 1,000 backpacks filled with school supplies, and share the salvation message with over 1,300 coming to Christ
2017: Hand of Hope provided immediate relief in partnership with Mission Cristiana Camino De Vida assisting with clean-up after flooding
2007: Hand of Hope partnered with other ministries to help bring relief to hurting people after the earthquake. Volunteers built makeshift tents to get people out of the cold. We provided almost 1,000 blankets, 7,500 pounds of food, along with mattresses and clothes to approximately 5,000 people in eight different cities. In addition, we delivered the necessary materials and tools to construct a total of 480 temporary homes. Through special refugee camps, we housed and cared for more than 500 families as needed for up to six months after the earthquake.
Hand of Hope has served over 280,000 meals in this country.
Hand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
- 2015: Our volunteers treated 2,158 patients; 593 received Christ
- 2014: Our volunteers treated 2,541 patients; 593 accepted Christ.
- 2008: Our volunteers treated 3,600 patients; 1,848 received Jesus.
- 2008: We partnered with Spill the News, providing anti-parasitic medication for over 1 million children.
- 2007: In response to a deadly earthquake, Hand of Hope teamed up with Camino de Vida, a nondenominational church in Surco-Lima, to send medical teams into the areas most affecteby the earthquake
Hand of Hope provided funding to help build Grace House, a refuge home that provide girls the tools to fight eating disorders and other addictions.
Television and Radio
Joyce’s Enjoying Everyday Life television show is available in Spanish in select areas across the country.
Through our Water Relief program, Hand of Hope has provided 23 wells to provide fresh drinking water to villages. We also built a church next to one of them.