Population: 23,201,926 - ranks 52nd worldwide
Official Language: Standard Malagasy and French
Religion: Freedom of religion
Geography: Area - 587,041 sq. km. The world's 4th largest island, located in the Indian Ocean.
Five books by Joyce Meyer have been translated into Malagasy; over 193,000 books have been printed in Malagasy and distributed through outreaches.
- 2017: Hand of Hope provided immediate relief after Cyclone Enawo, by providing food and household items to over 4,000 people
- 2012: Hand of Hope provided disaster relief to the people of Madagascar affected by the category four cyclones that swept through the region's eastern shores. Over and above our ongoing feeding programs, we distributed relief packs to households of 300 of the most vulnerable including food parcels, blankets, oil, candles, charcoal etc. And for a few of the worst affected, we rebuilt their destroyed houses. We also rebuilt a school where the roof was ripped off entirely and the walls badly damaged.
Joyce Meyer Ministries has served over 4.9 million meals through feeding programs in Madagascar.
2014: Joyce ministered in Antananarivo. The first service was attended by 35,000 plus children filling an outdoor stadium for the first ever “Kids Fest.” The next day Joyce ministered indoors in a one day Pastors and Leaders Conference, with nearly 8,000 leaders in attendance.
- 2015: 4,541 patients treated; 2,939 people accepted Christ
- 2014: 7,063 patients received care; 5,368 people came to know the Lord. On the fifth day of our outreach, we treated many of the children who attended the Kids Fest the day before. Thanks to a generous donation from the church of one of our volunteers, hundreds of those children left the medical outreach with a brand new pair of shoes.
- 2013: 3,500 patients were treated; over 2,300 people came to know the Lord.
- 2012: Over 2.500 patients received care; over 2,000 patients accepted Christ.
Television and Radio
The Enjoying Everyday Life television show was previously available in Malagasy in select areas across the country. The radio program is available in select areas of the country.
Through our Water Relief program, Joyce Meyer Ministries has build 80 wells to provide fresh drinking water to villages.