Population: 253,609,643 - ranks 4th worldwide
Official Language: Indonesian (Bahasa-Indo)
Religion: All citizens must choose between Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or Christianity.
Geography: Area - 1,919,317 sq. km. Its 17,500 islands (6,000 inhabited) stretch over 9.5 million sq. km. of the Indian/Pacific Oceans.
Book TranslationMore than 40 of Joyce’s books have been translated in Bahasa-Indo. Over 900,000 have been distributed through television and various outreaches.
- 2018: Hand of Hope responded with emergency relief supplies after earthquake and subsequent tsunami
- 2013: Extreme flooding in Jakarta left at least 15 dead and displaced over 18,000 people. During our Festival of Life we were able to raise funds to help those affected by the flooding, providing food, water, medicines, backpacks, lines, beds, and two rescue boats.
- 2009: After a major earthquake, Hand of Hope acted quickly, partnering with local churches, distributed much needed supplies for nearly a month to those affected by the disaster.
- 2006: Hand of Hope partnered with other ministries after the earthquake, to quickly furnish water, food, medicine, tents and other supplies.
- 2004: Hand of Hope partnered with other ministries to help bring relief supplies to hurting people during the Tsunami, building 20 homes.
Feeding ProgramsHand of Hope serves over a hundred thousand meals yearly through our feeding programs in Indonesia.
- 2013: Joyce held a three day Festival of Life in Jakarta. Over 108,000 people attended the actual festival with over 7.4 million watching by television those three days. There were 29,774 salvations and over 490,000 books distributed.
- 2007: Joyce ministered to over 80,000 people in 3 days of meetings. Over 4,300 accepted Christ.
Leadership TrainingHand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
PartnershipHand of Hope administered aid to tsunami victims in Indonesia, in conjunction with other ministries. Hand of Hope also partners with Relevant Expeditions ministry to conduct outreaches in Indonesia.
Television and Radio
Joyce’s Enjoying Everyday Life television show is available in Bahasa in select areas across the country. The radio program has been available in English in select areas.