Religion: Freedom of religion
Geography: Area - 51,100 sq. km. Rich agricultural land straddling the Central American isthmus.
Book TranslationThousands of books in Spanish have been distributed in Costa Rica through outreaches.
- 2017: Hand of Hope responded with food and other provisions when Costa Rica was hit by Hurricane Nate.
- 2016: Hundreds of people were displaced along the Costa Rica/Panama border where Hand of Hope provided basic necessities.
- 2009: Hand of Hope teamed up with Dan Salas Ministries to provide food, water, supplies and temporary shelter to those affected by an earthquake.
Hand of Hope has served thousands of meals through feeding programs in this country.
1988: Joyce visited Costa Rica and ministered in church services.
Leadership TrainingHand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
Hand of Hope funded the purchase of mattresses for children living in the very remote area of Talamanca
- Hand of Hope partnered with Mission of Hope providing emergency aid after Hurricane Nate
- Hand of Hope has partnered with Dan Salas Ministries to provide Disaster Relief efforts in Costa Rica, as well as to distribute books and provide support for medical clinics, prison outreaches and evangelistic crusades.
- 2001: The Ministry hosted an Extreme Weekend Youth Crusade; reaching over 5.700 youth; 510 received salvation
2002: The prison team traveled to 17 prisons in Costa Rica and distributed 6,500 hygiene bags, including a book by Joyce.